The Brown House Museum

Welcome to Woodland Terrace now known as the Brown House. The house was originally built in 1850 by Nathan Haynes. By 1860, Woodland Terrace changed ownership and the property became the residence of William Gainer Brown and his wife Mariah Mitchell Brown. They had five children, three boys and two girls. Sadly, their daughter and youngest child, Tallulah, died at the young age of four. Since family’s acquisition, many generations of Brown descendants lived in the home. The last of these descendants resided at Woodland Terrace until the late 1970s.