Built in 1855, this unorthodox clapboard cottage with Greek Revival air flutes Doric columns. This structure was the home of Major Newman, a Polish immigrant who served in the Confederate Army. A merchant and county ordinary for about 25 years, he was known for his charity towards widows, the poor, and orphans. The home has two levels. A foyer and two large rooms with a step-down which allows access to the four original rooms is located on the first level. Now, this is a private residence.