Built in 1931, the “Federal Building” was opened in 1932 to serve as the postal center for Sandersville after the Masonic Temple was destroyed in 1921. Postal services were on the street floor and agricultural county service offices were upstairs. As part of the National Register of Historic Places, the entire exterior and many interior features were preserved in the 2002 renovation. Polished Georgia marble graces the downstairs walls and the vault for the post office is still perfectly preserved. Postmasters monitored the business below through the spy hole in the peep closet. A writing table original to the building still serves the customers at this family-owned bank.