The Brantley-West House dates back to the 1850s. It was designed as a plantation plain home for physician Solomon Brantley. In 1898, they remodeled it into a commodious Victorian structure. The change is believed to be the work of Choate, much like the other historic homes in the area. Remodels over the years have included a balustrade, turret-shaped porch seating bays, harp brackets, gazebo corners, elongated keystone in some arches, and pediments with Palladian windows. The house contains a dramatic stairway as well as pocket doors and simple mantels. Now, the house exists as a private residence.